Tuesday 27 May 2014

5 Things that I bloody love lately.


1. Sam Smith's new album 'In the Lonely Hour'. First things first his voice is like a cup of hot chocolate, delectable and an absolute treat. It truly is goose bump worthy! I absolutely loved his voice the first time I ever heard it on Discolsure - Latch. I've eagerly awaited his first album and for me personally it did not disappoint. An album filled with, lets face it depressing songs that explore the sad reality of unrequited love. If you're looking for an upbeat, party album then this is definitely not for you. 'Not In That Way', 'Stay With Me' and 'Lay me Down' are some of my faves to name a few. For those who love a good depressing track or two then Sam Smith is the man for you! 

2. The second of my 'things that I bloody love lately' is something again music related. This is a complete no brainer for me right now.. Lily Allen's new stuff. I've always been a fan of Lily and i've found myself downloading her music, but my oh my, I am loving her latest releases! Her new album 'Sheezus' is cheeky, at times funny and sees Lily making fun of the modern internet age. 'Hard out Here' is without a doubt my favourite track on the album, not only is it witty but it's a real fuck yeaaaah for all women experiencing the difficulties and pressures thrust upon them within society. My favourite lyrics are without a doubt are "Forget your balls and grow a pair of tits". We salute you Lily.

3. Number three is a slight mundane one after my somewhat reviews ^ but never the less it is the colour MINT. I am bloody loving anything mint at the moment, whether it's clothes, bags, shoes, or even packaging. I am all over it lately. What more can I even say about it, I just love mint. 

4. Coming in at number four is Audio Books. Now I am aware that these marvellous creations have been around for quite some time and yes I am extremely late to the Audio Book party. However I have recently bought a few on my iPhone for A) when sleeping is impossible and sadly B) it's a hell of a lot easier than reading with my shitty eyesight. I'm in the middle of listening to the third Bridget (my Queen) Jones instalment 'Mad About The Boy'. I've already got the book but thanks to Audio Books i'm not sure i'll ever buy another book again. As sad yet wonderful as it is, these audio books of loveliness are just easier.. and I love them.

And finally last but not least is a little beauty fave and that is the NYX Butter Glosses. I'll just put it out there that these are hands down THE BEST lip glosses I have ever purchased. I initially only bought one as a 'tester', Maple Blondie is a lovely peachy shade that impressed my immensely. I went on to purchase a further six and my love for them has been confirmed. They glide on the lips, feeling like silk and smelling so so good that it's a task to refrain from licking off a whole application. I don't find them to be at all sticky and have lately been reaching for them to complete my every day makeup. NYX Butterglosses, 10 out of 10 every time. 

Thats it for my '5 Things that I Bloody Love Lately' i decided to do a post like this so that I didn't have to commit to writing a 'weekly favourites' or anything too specific. It's just a casual post discussing five of my favourite things at the moment from what could be a wide spectrum of things. I've enjoying writing this so maybe I might not just leave this as a one off. 

Until next time, 

Lucy 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment