Monday 23 June 2014

My college family

I've never been a fan of college, there it's been said. It's been a bloody rough two years and in all honesty it hasn't been a 'pleasant experience'. When I finally finished college around a week ago, I happily waved goodbye and felt truly glad to never have to go back ever again. I didn't feel any emotional connection to the place like I did with high school and as far as i'm concerned it's just a few building merged together filled with books, computers and teachers. For me personally the only good things that i'll take with me from my college experience is some lovely tutors and three girls who I can add to my friendship list for life. 


Christina 
Probably the only person i've ever met in my life who thinks and feels in the way that I do. She completely understands me 100% and I never feel like I need to explain myself to her. 22 years old, happily engaged, a lovely caring family and will *hopefully* be popping out a little baba for me to spoil in the next few years. She's got such an amazing life ahead of her and i'm so grateful that i'll get the chance to be a part of it. She claims that i'm the 'mother of the group' but in all honesty she's always the one who looks after me.. literally always. Christina and I have the best kind of friendship, we cry laughing at the smallest of things, we talk in stupid voices and we make reference to the video of the kid falling out of a roller coaster (Janice i'm fallin') on a daily basis. I have so much fun with this crazy woman! She just 'gets' me and it's extremely rare that I find people who do. Forever supportive and always on hand if I need a push (shove) of encouragement. You always say that I don't need to thank you, but I do, I really do and I owe you a lot. You're as bonkers as me and at times I think we might actually be related (you never bloody know). I am incredibly proud of her, in the way that she's overcome so many challenges and more than ever now that she's just gone and landed herself a full time job! I will miss her terribly now that college is done and dusted but I know for a fact that whatever happens we'll always always be the best of friends. She's just a good person, in fact a great person. She puts herself before others all the time and I truly mean it when I say that I hope her life is everything that she's ever wanted it to be. She deserves the world and so much more. 
I'll wait patiently for the day I get to be one of your bridesmaids and until then you shall never be able to get rid of me. Thank you Chris, in every way imaginable. x



Aimee 
Aimee bloody Thomas, I adore her and I've truly never ever ever met anyone like her. She is without a doubt the most sarcastic, quit witted, humorous person ever and it's these things that make her one of my most favourite people. A lover of black clothing, beauty products and YouTube video's she's definitely a girl after my own heart and i'm so glad that i've been able to get to know this nutcase. She single handidly combined (daaaa-fuqqq) with falling into walls or random objects. Her sarcasm rivals mine ten times over and she never fails to make us all laugh. Thank you for two years of fun and laughter Aim. You've been that little bit of sunshine on the darkest of days.
Aimee's one of those with 100% attendance and although we've made our jokes over it, it'll eventually pay off for her.. she deserves everything that she gets for working so hard. We could spend hours discussing our favourite YouTubers, which makeup we'd like to try out and what we want to do next with our matching black hair. I'll miss my daily dosage of Aimee so so much and not just because of how much she makes me laugh, but just because I like to know that she's there just incase.. and of course telling us all about her latest 'diet'. You've got so many exciting things heading your way Aim and i'm so happy for you. You'll be starting your new job in September which we're all so proud of you for! You've got a bright future Aimaaay Tomo and lord knows you'll take full advantage of your soon to be wages.. of course in Boots and Superdrug! 
Thank you for making the worst of days fun and for always making me laugh when I thought laughing wasn't possible. x 






















Abbie
My Abbie Ant. I've literally loved this girl since the first day that I met her when she sat in an ants nest and quite literally had ants in her pants. She's got a heart of gold and she's just the cutest little person. I'm fiercely protective of this little un' even though I doubt she needs it, she does just fine on her own two feet! We've just had the funniest two years and i've loved every single second of my friendship with you Abb. I'm going to miss how over excited you get, your little happy dances and the way that you somehow make me feel calm in my most stressful situations. She's just always been there, for every little thing, whether it's helping me through family dramas or being there to celebrate my milestone 18th birthday. I genuinely have so much time for this girl and no matter what we do or where we end up, I will always have time for her. If someone had told me in high school that we'd be have the friendship that we have now i'd have never believed them but i'm so very grateful that I had to opportunity to meet you. You've settled yourself in the last few months and i'm just glad that you've got something that makes you happy. At the moment you're probably confused with what you're going to do after college but whatever you choose or whatever path you end up on you'll succeed. You're a tough cookie Abb and people underestimate just how much you can do and what you can be. I believe in you completely and I can't wait to see what an exciting life you'll go on to lead. 
Thank you for always being my support system when I needed it most. x



All three of you girls are such amazingly kind people and I couldn't ever of wished to meet such lovely friends. Of course we'll still see each other and we'll go for our little outings but we know deep down that it won't ever really be the same. That's the hard part of life is moving on and going your own separate ways, but I will always try my very best to make time for you guys, always. I may not say it often but you truly mean the absolute world to me and you've been right besides me through two of the hardest years i'll ever have in my life and for that I will always be so grateful. Thank you for making me laugh, being my greatest support system and for just being you three wonderful people. We're all so so different individually but together we all just.. click. 

From the bottom of my heart, I love you three beautiful ladies and i'm incredibly proud of you all in whatever you choose to do with your lives. 

You never once gave up on me, and I will always love you for that. 

Momma Lu

x

No comments:

Post a Comment