Friday 23 May 2014

The 'Wild' Night

This one photo mirrors my whole day to a tee.

Tonight I have nothing remotely exciting to blog about, just a little insight to one of my many 'wild nights'. During this post you may find yourself questioning my age, I am actually nineteen, not in my late fifties approaching retirement. 

Anyhow.. 


Today has just been one big mass of duvet. I've committed my usual crime of only leaving my bed for toilet breaks or feeding time. I've gotten myself into a right rut purely by not leaving my bed. I just felt a big 'fed up' today. When I get myself like this I always resort to shutting myself away from people (and daylight apparently) and rather enjoy being alone with my own thoughts. (iPhone, MacBook, iPod included, damn technology!) 


I started my day waking up at hermit o'clock and things were doomed from then quite frankly. A little while later I found myself alarmed when I realised that my nose ring was absent from my Casper the friendly ghost face. Now let me just start by saying that this is a regular occurrence and one in which PISSES ME OFF immensely. Anyone who wears a nose ring will understand the utter devastation at losing 'the perfect nose ring'. They're bloody rare to come by and when you lose your only good un' it's a right kick in the non existent balls. Needless to say I pulled my bed apart as per like a woman being exorcised. Unfortunately i'm sad to report that on this occasion I was unsuccessful in my mission to find it (at the moment!) After this little 'incident' my mind was made up that I was definitely having a 'fed up' day and that it was better to stay away from the general public, or just humans in general. 


I then proceeded to watch five, yes five films one after the other. I went from a comedy, to a thriller, to a rom-com, to a disney classic to then finding myself watching 'One Chance' starring James Corden as Paul Potts who won Britain's got Talent. What the actual fuck has my life become? I've stooped to new low's and i'm not sure how I feel about it. Not just that sat and watched a film based in Port Talbot about Paul bloody Potts, but the fact that I thoroughly enjoyed it, oh lord help me. 


Payday was upon us today which managed to lighten my mood sufficiently. Orders on New Look, ASOS and Etsy filled my little heart with joy for a good half and hour before returning to my 'rut'. I decided that music may be the answer to lifting my spirits for good. I was wrong. I headed straight for my 'Oldies' playlist on iTunes and before long everything from Aretha Franklin to Elvis Presley was gracing my ears. I found myself at one point listening to 'Stand by Me' by Ben E. King on repeat for a grand total of 13 times whilst singing along like some sort of backing singer. (Just lost yet another cool point) 



After scrolling through Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.. I discovered a few people discussing a particular bar in Cardiff. Being the average nineteen year old, you'd expect me to ring some friends and arrange to pay a trip to this 'oh so cool new bar' but no I found myself reading the bloody reviews on the place (which I shamelessly do with everything). After some thorough reading I said 'Nah' to myself and decided that I shan't be visiting soon. Fun thought whilst it lasted. 

The night finally became slightly more upbeat when my Mum said five glorious words, "Shall we have Chinese tonight?" Of course I accepted and here I am, currently sat writing this, feeling sick at the thought of eating one more grain of rice. Bridget Jones' Diary is currently being watched in the background as I find something comforting about watching my favourite fictional characters day being even more tragic than my own. 





I shall leave you with these insights to my tremendously boring, bed ridden, chinese coma day.. we can't always be on top form everyday and guess what? That is okay too. 

Until next time,


Lucy 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment