Thursday 27 February 2014

25 Facts About Me

I've always quite liked the idea of doing a 'tag', however they mainly appear to be carried out on YouTube channels. Until now. I want to discuss 25 Facts About Me, just because it's a bit of fun and I personally always love to nose at other people's. I think it's a nice little snippet into someone's life. So with that stated, here's my 25 Facts About Me.

(Tried to be mildly creative and made this myself, editing genius? I think not!)

























1) My middle name is Emily, I however ignore this as my initials spell out LES which just isn't the greatest thing in life, my mum & dad clearly didn't think this through. 

2) My cousin and I went to New York in 2008 and saw Tom Cruise in FAO Schwarz with his family. I fell flat on my face on his perfectly prepared red carpet. I am a disaster. 

3) I have 1 sister called Gemini, who i've previously blogged about.

4) I've been obsessed with Elvis Presley since I was a child (my dad's fault). In July last year I went to Memphis, TN and visited Graceland. Quite literally of the most overwhelming experiences of my life so far!

5) I have an unhealthy obsession with weddings/planning my own wedding. I just love the whole idea of getting married and planning all the fine details of my special day. 

6) I am truly addicted to buying makeup and beauty products as a whole, thank goodness for payday!

7) I've spent my whole life wanting to be a midwife (long before One Born Every Minute and all that jazz i'll have you know!)

8) Whilst on the subject of careers, I have not given up on my midwifery dream, however I have decided to study Adult Nursing at University first as I feel it broadens your horizons that bit more. 

9) I absolutely love children. Growing up with my mum being a childminder probably has something to do with it. I cannot wait for the day that I have a few nephews, nieces, god-children and of course kids of my own! 


10) I feel this overwhelming need to go to Australia and New Zealand, my fund has already started and I have so far saved £50.76, at least that's a suitcase sorted then.. 

11) I am ridiculously obsessed with list-making, planning and thoughtful preparation and writing down my thoughts. All of this is actually quite odd seeing as the rest of my life is quite chaotic, I guess I need a bit control in some aspects. 

12) There are times in my life when I think, 'I wish i'd actually considered becoming a makeup artist'. Makeup is my absolute passion but would it really be something that I could pursue as a career, i'm not so sure. 

13) I absolutely adore my cousins. I grew up every step of the way with Chloe (19) and Christopher (16) and I couldn't of asked for a better childhood with them. We're older now and have busy lives of our own to lead but we'll always make time for each other and remain extremely close. 

14) I am wholeheartedly spiritual. Spiritualism isn't something that I discuss often and i'm well aware that everyone has their own beliefs. Well this is mine. I've became intrigued at aged 11 when a close family friend told me that I had aspects of 'the gift'. I think i'd always known but it's only now that i'm old enough to understand and will be exploring it in more depth. Watch out for a blog post on this topic! 

15) I just love drinking juice, orange, pineapple, exotic.. you name a juice and i'll love it, bar apple juice because that is quite clearly satan's drink (yucccck!)

16) Whilst discussing my clear disregard for Apple Juice, I absolutely despise, hate, loathe with a passion anything apple scented or tasting. The only Apple love in my life is my Apple gadgets! 

17) My nan used to sit with me for hours and teach me how to perfect my hand-writing, all very old fashioned and perfectly joined up. Thanks to her I now have handwriting of an 80 year old and I like it. 

18) I would have loved to have lived through the 1940's and 50's. People were nicer, the clothes were prettier, the men we're gents and their whole way of life was just.. simpler. 

19) I went through a piercing phase where I clearly thought that the more metal I could have imbedded in my face, the better my life would be. Absolutely not. I'd advise anyone to seriously think before you get piercings as you may be left with unwanted holes in your face and ears that will just not return to their 'pre-stretched' days. One nose ring, a tongue piercing and a few studs and that's it for me these days. 

20) I've had a love affair with Disney since i've been able to understand what Disney is all about. The Lion King still remains to be my all time favourite film and it's actually a film that I hold dear to my heart. I've been to Disney World in Florida 6 times and every time is more magical and exciting than the last.

21) I'd rather give than receive. There's nothing I love more than taking the time to buy or make something for someone that you just know they're going to love. It's all about the thought that goes into a gift than the gift itself.

22) I am in every way possible a 'night owl'. If I had it my way I'd go about my daily life at night and sleep throughout the day. I just don't sleep well at night and people know that 99.9% of the time, i'll be the girl awake at 4.30am.

23) T.V Series are a serious weakness of mine. I don't think I can properly function without being engrossed in a good series. Some personal favourites of mine include, Ugly Betty, Call The Midwife, Prison Break, The Vampire Diaries, Dexter and currently Criminal Minds. 

24) I'm currently trying my very best to develop a somewhat friendship with my kitchen. Kitchen's and I do not get along and the most complex meal I can cook to an edible standard is Spaghetti Bolognese. I'd love to try my hand at baking, possibly cupcakes and cookies.. who know's I may even be able to bake a cake by the time i'm 30? Watch this space! 

And finally.. 

25) I am content. Probably the most content that i've ever been. I have an incredibly supportive family, the greatest friends a girl could ask for and a bunch of work colleagues that have become my second family. I am lucky. I have a heart that is.. beating.. for one, thank goodness, is somewhat bruised but not permanently broken and undoubtably strong enough to face any dilemma, hardship or heartache that life has planned out for me. 

I wonder if anyone else read's this and has facts about them similar to mine! 

Until next time, 

Lucy 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment