Monday 6 January 2014

The stresses of a girls holiday.

I'm around 95% sure that the whole 'booking a holiday' process is one of the many things in life that truly tests our patience. I'm saying this because i've virtually been glued to my laptop since 11am, that's almost 4 hours of solid holiday searching! 
It's never actually occurred to me since today that searching and booking a holiday is just another great stress in life. I used to judge holidays as a whole purely based on the size of the hotel's pool, unfortunately things aren't that simple now! 
This summer i'm hoping to go abroad with 3 of my closest friends and although the idea of that is of course exciting, it will without a doubt bring many heated discussions.. 
We all seem to have very different idea's as to where we'd like to go but of course we'll have to compromise seeing as Lauren has put her foot down solid on going anywhere that doesn't have 'a bit of culture to it'. I have to admit I almost agree with her, although her 'fantastic' idea of going to Barcelona was met by my speedy reply of "Uhhh i'm not going to bloody Barcelona" I like a bit of culture but walking around a city on a sightseeing trip is not my idea of a 'relaxing holiday'. Sorry Lau, it's a resounding no. 
Charis however is keen to go on the ultimate 'girls holiday' which basically means one of the following: Magaluf, Ibiza, Ayia Napa, Kavos, Malia or her personal fave Zante. This of course is met by Lauren's "I don't care, i'm just not going somewhere like THAT where every other person in Britain will bloody be". She has a valid point. Poor Rachel however is about as laid back as they come, we could talk her into a holiday to Outer Mongolia and she'd agree and being the girl she is, still make the best of it! 
I'm still painstakingly flicking through pages upon pages of holidays that quite frankly confuse me a tad. Do we want all inclusive? Half board? Self catering? What star hotel do we want? How much do we want to spend? What about passports? Airports? Insurance? Suitcases? Getting to and from? Spending money? - it truly is enough to just say "bugger it, we're not going." However the search must go on! 
I've got a feeling we'll end up going somewhere like Portugal or Tenerife, somewhere that has the perfect mixture of everything.. and somewhere that for Lauren's sake doesn't run the infamous boat parties. We both agreed that we'd throw ourselves overboard if ever in that situation (so i'm guessing that's off the cards) 
We'll find a solution i'm sure and i'm pretty sure we'll all be able to compromise in some way. The best place to discuss it is in the pub, drink in hand, notebook at the ready.. so that's the plan for next week! 

Happy Holiday Hunting! 

Lucy 

No comments:

Post a Comment