Tuesday 22 April 2014

Easter Weekend.

The weekend just gone was perfect. Simple, relaxed and spent with my greatest treasures, family and friends. I'm forever going on about how much I enjoy the simple thing in life and this weekend just confirms that it truly is the littlest of things that make me the happiest.. along with MAC lipsticks.. always MAC lipsticks. 

Friday evening kickstarted my Easter weekend with a trip to my family's favourite restaurant  Miller and Carter. It's become somewhat of a tradition to visit this place if there's a birthday to celebrate and this time was no exemption as my nan's 72nd birthday rolled around. My little nan has only come out of hospital the day before and needless to say we were all thrilled that we were able to celebrate her birthday with her and just to celebrate the fact that we're one big happy family. Nothing makes you appreciate someone more than when you actually feel that losing them could be a possibility. With this in mind we all had a lovely night, ate steaks and foodie goodness and washed it down with complimentary birthday champers, cheers to freebies! 


Saturday was my version of a 'chill day'. In actual fact I was suppose to be having a night out with a few friends but sadly I just didn't feel up to it, nor did I feel like spending money on my usual 20+ shots! However i'm 100% sure that this is just a temporary glitch and I shall resume my usual death by shots self soon! I ended up spending the day/night in pj's watching endless episodes of Criminal Minds, eating half a tub neapolitan, watching YouTube videos, scrolling through inspiring blogs and just chilling out.. Lucy style and I was more than happy to do so! 


Now for Sunday, Easter Sunday to be exact was just a splendid concoction of Lindt chocolate, Mum's Sunday Dinner, more chocolate, ice cream and scrumptious comfort food. My friend Ellis came round for dinner too and following dinner we carried out my family's tradition of wind up toy races - for money! Needless to say competition was fierce and game faces were on. After quality family time me and Ellis decided to go for a nice Sunday stroll, however typical British weather wasn't having any of it and decided to produce an ocean sized amount of rainfall, almost to the point of needing to borrow Noah's Ark.. shit was serious. Seeing as the walk didn't go to plan we instead stopped off at a petrol station, filled the car and bought some starbursts, fruit pastilles and orange lucozade. Quite the contrast to our 'relaxed sunday stroll' but after being fed sweets whilst driving to the beach 'for the view' I quickly got over the disappointment. 


All in all i've had a lovely few days! I've got a blog post coming up this week featuring 'My Favourite Red Lipsticks' so once i've actually edited the photos etc that shall be posted. 


Until next time, 


Lucy 

x
My cousin Chloe and I, out for Nan's birthday! Please excuse the slight bra flashing, oh dearrrr.

My Pinterest inspired 'Breakfast Bunny' that I made for my Dad.


Some of my lovely Easter treats!


Ellis and I feeling bunny-ish before dinner.

My mum's original desert. Half an easter egg, ice cream, crushed malteasers, strawberries complete with an edible flower. Amazing.

Bunny selfie to end the day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment